As Riversands Incubation Hub nears its third birthday, the team is set to pilot the use of a custom-designed streamlined SME support system.
“We envisage the system taking our service delivery to the next level and beyond,” commented Jenny Retief.
Benefits of the system include:
- Greater efficiency in matching service delivery to individual business needs;
- Ability to track the investment worthiness of the businesses to ensure maximum impact in accordance with the purpose of small business growth and livelihood creation.
- Ability to extract greater synergies across a range of specialists within the on-campus entrepreneurial community so that coaching and support services build on and reinforce one another, and common patterns and needs are identified enabling us to deploy specialists to more than one entrepreneur at a time;
- Easy recording of interventions, which can be shared across the support team in a central repository;
- Assisting entrepreneurs build the necessary understanding and habits needed to use their own financial and business performance numbers to navigate their business journey, with dashboards and “gamification” adding extra momentum.
- Opportunity for sponsors to support a branded programme tailored to a particular industry, size of business or demographic branded for the sponsor and offering a specified set of services – with all tracking and evaluation embedded in the system and producing status reports at any time;
- Carefully designed evaluations of entrepreneur behaviours and success factors to guide them on their journey to business success and personal development.
“Our ambition has always been for a positive impact much bigger than our cheque book. This system helps us scale up in accelerating our entrepreneurs’ journeys towards fulfilment of their business visions,” concluded Retief.