The call for applications applies to:
- Anyone who has a gardening or landscaping business – either commercial or residential
- Small-scale organic farmers
- Specialists in garden furniture and décor
- Individuals in the agro-processing industry
- Horticulturalists – particularly those specialising in innovative vertical gardens, gardens in a square metre box or permaculture (to name a few).
“Riversands Incubation Hub is located in the fast-growing Fourways/Midrand corridor with high local potential for landscaping, horticulture and garden décor businesses. There’s definitely a pocket of high-income customers for businesses in the green space,” says Jenny Retief, CEO of Riversands Incubation Hub. “We believe the new commercial developments, luxury residential estates as well as our support and world class facilities provide an excellent opportunity for “green-fingered entrepreneurs” to grow their businesses and achieve independently sustainable success,” adds Retief.
The Hub is the first phase in a massive commercial development (the Riversands Commercial Park) which is surrounded by luxury residential estates such as Steyn City, Helderfontein and Dainfern. To be eligible for the on-campus acceleration programme, businesses need to:
- Be in the broad horticulture or landscaping space
- Be 51% black-owned
- Be viable and operating with a potential for growth
- Have entrepreneurial characteristics
- Satisfy the Hub’s ratio of cost and risk to benefit
- Be able to create economic opportunities for the surrounding area.
The 14 “green-fingered entrepreneurs” who qualify for the on-campus acceleration programme will undergo a rigorous three-year training, support and mentorship programme. They will benefit from a professional address, an office with favourable rental terms as well as a state of the art horticulture and training landscaping area.
They will join the black-owned SMEs selected for incubation at the Hub during 2015. At full capacity, the Hub – launched in March 2015 – will be home to 150 small majority black-owned businesses with an additional 300 businesses in its off-campus programme. It is set to be the largest black business incubator on the continent. In addition to seeking “green-fingered entrepreneurs”, Riversands Incubation Hub is also interested in partnering with organisations in the horticultural or landscaping space.
Issued by Riversands Incubation Hub
Tel: (011) 012 4600