Johannesburg, 26 January 2016 – If you think having New Year’s resolutions is a waste of time, think again. These are important when it comes to your business. Surely you agree there’s always room for improvement in every business? The New Year is the perfect time to carry out new strategies, fuel growth and make changes for long-term success. If you plan early on, it’ll save your company a lot of trouble in future. Read on to discover three worthy New Year’s resolutions we believe should be on every small business owner’s list for 2016.
1. Focus on revenue-generating activities
Look at the activities you do in your business and focus on the ones that will help your business to grow in 2016. Some of the revenue-generating activities you can focus on include:
- Following up with people who have expressed doing business with you in the past
- Launching a new offer
- Having a promotion that gets people in the door; and
Don’t fall by the wayside. Add these resolutions to your list and stick to them to help grow your business.
2. Know your numbers
Knowing your numbers is all about having financial management reports to make business decisions. Set time every day or every week to organise your reports. This way, it’ll be much easier for you to:
- Account for money spent
- Compare your company’s standard with others
- Develop strategies to improve business efficiency
- Manage inventory, staff and sales promotions.
3. Make customer service a priority
Without customers, you don’t have a business. So provide a superior personal customer experience every time to potential, new and existing clients. Some methods you can use include:
- Proper phone etiquette
- Responding to customer emails;
- Responding to customers on social media
- Communicating with customers regularly
Your company will win or lose by how well it WOW’s customers.
Add these resolutions to your list and stick to them to help grow your business.
By Simangele Mzizi